Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Posts That Have Helped Rejuvenate my Blog


As my few readers will attest, my blog has been languishing due to neglect for quite some time. With my improved health, a completed move and persistent unemployment, I decided to breathe some life back into it.


The Problogger podcast challenge, 31 Days to Build a Better Blog, was just what I needed to begin.

D_Rowse-128

Reading excellent blogs led me farther on the path. Here are just a few of the posts that have taught me, inspired me or lured me into better and more consistent postings.

Neely of It Starts with Coffee shared some of her tips for success in Best Productivity Tips for Bloggers . From her I learned to make a calendar of my postings and stay on a schedule.


In her Blog Tips: How to Maximize Your Content, Paula of Thirteen Thoughts gave me the terrific tip to use Pinterest to generate interest in my posts. I'm a rabid pinner with many followers there, so I'm excited to share my posts there.


For actual content, I drew inspiration from three particular posts. I am an "ordinary life" type of blogger, and these posts helped me see new ways to express myself.

In The Days are Long, Patti of Joy in the Middle reminded me to open up. Share what it's like to be a mother, grandmother and wife "of a certain age." It can be nostalgic and a little nutty too.


Checking In is a post from Over the Backyard Fence that inspired me to post about my upcoming long weekend watching University of Texas football with my husband, This may turn into more than one post since we will have family time, friend time and museum time in Austin as well.


Clover Lane's And Then There is August reads like a day book of family adventures. I have plenty of those.


My future task is to do justice to all of this great advice and inspiration and produce a blog worth reading. Let me know how I'm doing.

Also, please take time to share with me posts from blogs that you believe will help me on my writing journey.

Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment